• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • instagram

Tel: 07707 558173

As industry, award-winning customer service agents with over thirty years of both construction and real estate investment experience you can I’m sure appreciate we’ve been asked almost every question imaginable in relation to property investment. Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions, however if you have any questions you would like answered or simply want more information then please contact us, one of our award-winning consultants will be pleased to assist you.

What is best investment for me?

Investing in property has always been a popular and safe choice providing tangible assets with or without assured incomes. It’s a fact that most global billionaires made or invest their money into property. The best investments are often not what first seemed of interest. The main consideration is to decide on type of investment. Are you looking for no hassle, assured incomes? Are you looking for capital growth? Are you likely to need to exit at certain time? Our recommendation is to think about where you want to be in 5 years, 10 years for example. RBH are experts and offer guidance to suit individual requirements. We know all investors big or small are individual and should be advised accordingly.

Are the developments freehold or leasehold?

Typically, in UK, an apartment style development will only be leasehold, with a lease length from 125 years to 250 years typically. However, property in Spain if residential will always be freehold.

How can I be sure my money is safe?

Property sale agreements within the UK are always carried out by a solicitor. Your solicitor will not ask you to pay a deposit unless they have diligently checked your sales agreement and satisfied themselves on your behalf that all is correct and in order.

What is a first charge?

A first legal charge, in simple terms, means a person or group who has the first legal right over a property before any other person or business. This means if the developer goes bankrupt and the land is reverted to the bank, for instance, before the development can be resold the first charge has to be settled and client’s funds must be repaid.

What is an escrow secure account?

An escrow account is an account in which your deposited funds are held by a third party. This is to ensure the funds are not released to the developer in one lump sum, but at different agreed stages within the build. Normally the escrow funds will be lodged with a lawyer independent of the developer.

Is there any warranty?

All UK properties come with a 10-year new build warranty, which is equivalent to NHBC. In Spain all new build properties are registered at public notary and a 10 year builders warranty is mandatory inclusion.

What happens after the assured period ends?

You’ll still be able to have the property fully managed and maintained if you wish, so you can relax while a professional company deals with the tenant and maintenance for you.

Can I obtain finance by way of loan or mortgage?

UK investment developments such as purpose-built student accommodation and care home investments are cash only investments. Mortgages are available on residential buy to let projects subject to status and terms and conditions. Please let us know if you are requiring promotions with finance option?

Can I get a Residency Visa if I invest in property?

In Spain and other parts of EU it is possible to obtain visa for Schengen member states. Investment is required of 500,000 euro and maintained for 5 years. In Uk investment for Visa requires much more investment circa £2 Million pounds for real estate on investment.

What happens if the developer goes bankrupt?

In many cases, a new contractor is appointed to complete the build as there is the safety of a legal first charge already in place.

Can I use my own solicitor?

RBH recommend using a solicitor familiar with the project to keep the buying process simple and to avoid complication or delay, you are of course free to appoint any UK property solicitor you wish for UK based investments. In all cases the legal panel offered will be independent of the developer which is fundamental in such transactions. In regard to lifestyle or investment property in Spain we recommend a panel of leading legal and fiscal advisors for your consideration who all speak English and are always independent of the seller/developer.